A school building needs the best quality and innovative formwork. Formwork, also known as shuttering is a kind of mold into which molten concrete is poured for hardening purpose. It can be used to make slab, beam, column and pillars in structures like school buildings. Broadly, these formworks can be divided into two groups:
Following are some facts that you should know about Modular formworks:
Modular formwork are the latest innovation. Hence they have several qualities that makes them better product. Following are some reasons:
- The cost is lower than traditional timber formwork when the average is calculated.
- They are light weight and are easy to handle. How much easy to handle? The largest of the panels has a dimension of 120 x 60 cm and weighs 10.5 kilograms only. Thus you can save on crane cost. One strong workman can easily lift up and handle it. Onsite crane cost can be largely saved by using modular framework especially if the construction has to be executed on a moderate budget.
- Although light weight, these modular frameworks have a high pressure sustaining capacity. It can support more than a 40 cm wall. The usual material with which a modular framework is made is called PC-ABS this material is mixed proportionally with glass fibers. This incareses its strength multifold.
- They are easy to use. Each panel has special handles fitted to them. The handles just need to be turned 90 degree. There is no usage of nail. This makes them super easy and safe to handle.
- There are several varieties that can actually form any wall that has a dimension of the multiple of 5 cm. Following are size of the panels along with their respective weight:
- 120 x 60cm. These panels can be used to make large walls. Each of these can be used as a unit. It is the heaviest of all the modular panels with the weight of 10,5 kg as mentioned earlier.
- 25 x 60 cm with weight of 2.6 kg.
- 20 x 60 cm with weight of 2.2 kg.
- 10 x 60 cm with weight of 1.6 kg
- Inner corner of the dimension of 20 x 20 x 60 cm. It weighs 3.8 kg.
- Outer corner of the dimension of 10 x 5 x 60 cm. It has a weight of only 2 kg.
- If one uses a variety of these panels, the constructor can actually form any sized wall or slabs.
- They are eco-friendly solutions because they are recyclable products and no wood or trees are being cut down in the manufacture of these innovative building equipment. The material when recycled do not emit any toxic materials.
- They are completely reusable.
- They can be constructed in a shorter time.
Thus Modular Formwork are the best choice for school building for Bangla Prosar Committee.